900g strawberries, hulled and chopped into chunks (keep the pieces large if you like a chunky jam)
400g jam sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
Squeeze of lice
· Place a plate in the freezer to chill.
· Place the strawberries , sugar, lemon zest and juice in a pan and stir together.
· Heat until the sugar has dissolved then bring to a rolling boil.
· Stir, then simmer gently for 20 minutes
· To test the setting point, spoon a little jam onto the chilled plate. The jam should set a little, and when you run your finger into it, it should crinkle very slightly. If it is not ready continue simmering for another 5 minutes then test again.
· Remember this Jam will not set muchWhen setting point is reached, remov from the heat and pour into sterilised jars. Cool overnight before use